Coming Out Of The Desert AND Coming INTO My Land of Promise
(This is NOT an easy process, so prepare yourself for the birthing pains you will find in this post)
I find myself beyond annoyed right now, and it is high time for me to clear the air that has been wreaking havoc on my peace of mind. In fact, I am long passed annoyed, I have painfully progressed through irritation and am deep into fierce and fiery indignation right now!!!
I just received ANOTHER email asking me WHY I have NOT CONTRIBUTED to the fundraising campaign for the Presidential candidate I have chosen to support for the upcoming election. The tone of the email I received was very inappropriate and condescending and I am not happy about the message it conveys.
My giving is now and has always been sacrificial, and that is part of the reason I am so agitated right now!! I have responded to these emails previously, but have still had no response to my response.
You see, I am a BUDDING SAGECON.
This means that engaging in the political process is new territory for me, and I have not been educated in the same manner as conservative voters who have been defined as “SAGECons.”
(See the link below to read the Barna Group’s definition of what it means to be a SAGECon.)
After years of homelessness, this is the first year that I have EVER had the time (and co-occurring state of mind!) to be considering the election process ahead of the curve, and have had time to think about the power and importance of my voice in our national, political process.
- First and foremost, the fact that I am taking interest and action in the political process is a huge testament to the current state of my new and improved cognitive awareness and ability to engage in responsible behavior.
- Secondly, the fact that I am writing this post gives voice to the fact that I have found my voice, AND that Papa God has cultivated the courage for me to USE said voice!!
- Thirdly, I recognize that my irritation is escalated due to decades of cruel isolation and unmet needs and that I am currently in the angst of filtering my thoughts and emotions. You know, that iron sharpening iron thing…
- Fourth, I’m annoyed with the shortcomings on both sides of the political education in our nation. Sacred AND secular outlets have failed to hear and comprehend the challenges faced by MY constituency, and I refuse to allow that ignorance to continue to go unaddressed.
- Next! Sacred and secular outlets are all screaming for my finances, but neither of those governing bodies have taken the time to SIT AT MY TABLE in order to determine my ability (or willingness) to continue to perpetuate the agenda that is coming from THEIR side of the table!!!
- There is no prejudice on my part, I assure you. I experience the same level of irritation and annoyance when I receive beautiful four-color brochures and contribution envelopes from sacred counterparts who are also asking for my “campaign contributions.”
- These current protocols are woefully inadequate when it comes to serving the needs of everyone who comprises “we, the people,” and I am beyond weary of the perpetual ignorance.
- Lastly, it is time for me to remove myself from the never-ending cycle of seeking to function in the same fashion as those whose lives have been built on different foundations than my own.
- I can see that I need to plan a “Coming Out Party” for myself!!
The time has come for me to fully engage in the divine reset that is unfolding in this extremely important season of Passover and of Counting The Omer of 2020/5780.
I have a very shallow understanding of those principles right now, but I am fully covenanted to the God who meets me where I am, who is “digging, dunging,” and is fully engaged in the quest to make sure I am healed and whole enough to bear His fruit that remains!!!
My backbone is growing stronger with every passing moment, and I stand ready to engage in conversations that have, to this point… have been continually short-circuited and incapable of real-time responses to outside stimuli.
It is time for me to begin to speak from the platform that my Father God has forged in me during long seasons of isolation and immobilization.
Papa has been pushing me out of the nest, and now says it’s time to spread my wings and Fly, Baby, Fly!!
He has worked long and hard to restore my identity and to heal me from the wounds I experienced in the crucible of suffering. The time has come for me to fully embrace the fact that I AM a BELOVED daughter of God and to fully trust His good plans for my life..
My greatest need now is to articulate the details of what I find unacceptable in our current governance and to be able to speak the truth of my perspective with love, grace, and kindly spoken truth.
I’ll check back with you when I am able to articulate those details with clarity and gentleness.
I have a huge headache right now because working out our own salvation with fear and trembling is HARD WORK. It takes time for a renewed mind to “set,” and so… I’ll see you again soon.
Now, here’s that link to the Barna Research about SAGECons.